Thursday, April 21, 2011

Backwards Wishing - it's awesome

Wishing is a big conundrum for the indecisive. That's why when I was a kid I fell into the habit of throwing pennies into fountains before I had thought of a wish so that my mind would generate one quickly before the wish was wasted, and in effect produce a wish from the lower levels of my mind and bypass the scrupulous higher levels that would otherwise choke it with criticism.

Plus, it saves time.

So I was surprized, the other day, to find that as I was blowing the feathery seeds of a dandelion off their stalk, my inner mind sent up a wish for something that I already have.

Instead of feeling like I had just wasted a perfectly good gray-headed dandelion, my wish had something of validity to it. It wasn't a spirit of gratefulness, or the modest "I already have more than I could wish for" feeling. (Let's be honest, no matter how great your life is, an extra million dollars couldn't hurt)

Instead, I felt like my wish was retro-active. A-HA!

If every wish you make is for something you already have, then EVERY WISH COMES TRUE!

You can also look at it this way - if you become a retro-active wisher, then suddenly you are open to receive a bounty of good wishes from your future self for the rest of your life.


So, under this shooting star, I wish for you to read my blog.

No comments: